Finalists Announced for 2019 Scottish Tech Startup Awards
This year’s awards features three new categories, SaaS Startup of the Year, Hardware Startup of the Year and Mobile Startup of the Year.
The organisers behind Turing Fest have announced the finalists for this year’s Scottish Tech Startup Awards, set to be held in Edinburgh on the 28th of November.
Now in its second year, the Scottish Tech Startup Awards aim to recognise and celebrate pioneering companies and individuals from across Scotland’s technology ecosystem. Last year’s ceremony saw Current Health, Nucleus, Storm ID, Care Sourcer, Amiqus and Women Who Code Edinburgh all recognised.
Turing Fest CEO, Brian Corcoran, commented: “The biggest advantage people in a tech ecosystem can create for themselves is community – the shared lessons lead to accelerated learning, the extended network gives people more reach and access, the support founders can offer each other during what is invariably a difficult journey.
“Community is the core of any successful tech ecosystem, and these awards are a way to help build and celebrate that community.”
Chris McCann, CEO and founder of Current Health, who won in two categories at last year’s awards, added: “Winning at the awards last year was fantastic recognition for the hard work our whole team has put into building our life-saving product.
“It was the perfect ending to a year of rapid growth for Current Health and I urge everyone in the tech community to head along on awards night to hear about some of the incredible businesses being built here in Scotland.”
Categories featured at the event include Startup of the Year, Ecosystem Champion, CEO of the Year and the Tech for Good award. This year’s awards also include three new categories – SaaS Startup of the Year, Hardware Startup of the Year and Mobile Startup of the Year.
Finalists in each category are as follows:
- Startup of the Year – ChilliConnect, Current Health, Intelligent Growth Solutions, Money Dashboard and Speech Graphics
- SaaS Startup of the Year – Adimo, Airts, Cortex Worldwide, Prodsight and ShareIn
- Hardware Startup of the Year – Boundary, Casta Spes Technologies, Current Health, PlayerData and Shot Scope Technologies
- Mobile Startup of the Year – CallWallet, Criton, HR Solver, Shoppa and Swipii
- Agency of the Year – Design and Code, GearedApp, More Yum Studio, ScreenMedia and Storm ID
- Tech for Good Award – Care Sourcer, Intelligent Growth Solutions, Sustainably, Topolytics and Voxsio
- CEO of the Year – Chris McCann, Colin Hewitt, Jude Cook, Julie Grieve and Paul Farley
- Investor of the Year – Archangels, MMC Ventures, Pentech Ventures, Rob Dobson and Techstart Ventures
- Ecosystem Champion – CodeBase, FutureX, Gurjit Lalli, Mark Logan and Rookie Oven
- Diversity in Tech Champion – dressCode, Girl Geek Scotland, Peter Aitken, Storm ID and Women Who Code Edinburgh
The judging panel for the startup awards features a host of figures from across the Scottish technology ecosystem, including Brian Corcoran, Gillian Docherty OBE, (The Data Lab), Hazel Gibbens, (Tech Nation), Andy Robinson (Deliveroo) and Melinda Matthews-Clarkson (CodeClan).