Scottish Tech Weekly News Roundup
- Happy birthday ATM. Another Scottish invention which changed the world
- Fife Laser Technology firm Power Photonic raises £750,000 from Clydesdale Bank
- Edinburgh fantasy sports company Premier Punt awarded remote casino licence
- SpaceTech company Spire launched an additional eight micro satellites for tracking shipping and weather
- Brightsolid saves Aberdeen £250,000 with move to 1.2 PetaBytes of flash storage
- Explore a neolithic Orkney tomb with an astonishing new app from GSA’s School of SimVis
World Tech News Roundup
- Motivational posters designed by an A.I. are creepier than you’d probably expect
- …or when you use an A.I. to write proverbs it’s just wrong!
- It’s not just the UK, Australia is now urging the ‘Five Eyes’ intelligence group to weaken crypto
- Get used to premium price lunch-time crisps. UK supermarkets are set to trial Uber-style ‘surge’ pricing
- Good week for Elon Musk: two successful rocket landings AND his first tunnel opens (connecting Space X to it’s parking lot) next week
- Brace yourself for SEO: THE MOVIE (#1 on Google, could be the most successful SEO of its time)
- Helicopters with FREAKIN’ LASERS! are now a thing
- Love your Mac? Refuse to have ANYTHING to do with the new ‘no ports’ models? Build your own ‘Hackintosh’, which outperforms the real $1300 MacBook Pro, for only $70.
- America invents the ‘puff dog’, Britain helpfully points out it’s a sausage roll. War ensues.