DIGIT Top 10: Our Own Weekly News Roundup Headlines
- Could Gateway be the Next Grand Theft Auto?
- Payfont Enters Administration After Internal ‘Distractions’
- UK Broadband Speeds: How Do The Countries Compare?
- Cyber Thieves Target University Research
- Scottish Government Plans To Make Scotland An Innovation Leader
- CivTech 2.0 Challenge Winners Announced
- Seed Haus Tech Accelerator Opens For Business
- Napier University To Demonstrate Assurance Layer For Medical Devices
- Scotland and Japan Announced Strategic Partnership on Subsea Technology
- Apple Insider Leaks New iPhone X
Scottish Weekly News Roundup
- Scottish scientists use phone cam to detect what sort of surface the phone is on, ushering in a new era of quiet dinners and smooth jazz.
- Scottish Widows opened the doors of its innovation lab to BQ. Will the future of allow Scottish widows to be replaced by Scottish robots?
- A team of students from Heriot-Watt are the only UK finalists in the $2.5 million Amazon Alexa prize
- HIE has launched a project to help businesses protect themselves against cyber attacks
- ScotRail partners with Cisco to launch trial of superfast broadband on Edinburgh-Glasgow line (and claims customers will be able to download the whole Beatles back catalogue in under 2 mins, which we’re sure Sir Paul will be *fine* with…)
Global Weekly News Roundup
- Chrome will no longer autoplay content with sound thanks to someone at Google with their head screwed on (or a set of speakers on their desk…)
- It may no longer have any usable ports, Apple may be determined to lose every last shred of goodwill from developers and they may demand the purchase of pricey dongles, adaptors and cables, but Mac laptops are still mighty fine (comparatively anyway. Windows users: as you were…) See what High Sierra can do!
- Though while we’re at it, even if this rumour about disabling FaceID is true, we’re still not sure we trust it…
- Fare ye well, Cassini. The little probe who could. And did
- Oh wait, that FaceID thing? Yeah, there might be a problem with that…
- IBM scientists used a seven-qubit quantum processor to successfully simulate a beryllium-hydride molecule. Still believe we’re not living in a simulation…?
- Are US-diplomats being targeted by an unknown sonic weapon in Cuba?
- Renault-Nissan and Mitsubishi are joining forces to produce electric and hybrid cars to become a global leader in ride hailing